The end of the third term was a sprint.
- Two of our rugby players, Siyabuswa Siyo and Attwell Muchichura – who were picked for the WP under-9 rugby team – played in a tournament in George. The team won two matches and drew the other. They had a special time meeting, befriending and playing against players from all over the country. What an incredible weekend they had. The boys are pictured below.
- Lubabalo Pita, the Judith Neilson Art Club teacher, gave out six awards for creativity, excellence, most improved, original, colourful and expressive works of art. The learners received a box of art materials that ensured that they could further their skills at home – high-quality sketch pads, pencils, crayons, paints and brushes. The whole school celebrated their success at assembly.
- The Ukhanyo cadets did very well in the Cape Metro South Marching Association Festival on 23rd September at Zwaanswyk Academy. This newly formed Ukhanyo group came third out of 10 schools coming back with a treasured trophy. Marching platoons and bands develop discipline and teamwork, fostering pride in the squad and school. Well done, cadets. (See main picture above, which was taken on the day.)
- The week before heralded the culmination of the successful Barbarian under-9 rugby tournament. The South Peninsula will never be the same again and all schools that participated enveloped each other in friendship, greater understanding and of course, a competitive spirit.
- Twenty matches in in three sporting codes were played on the last 10 school days of the term.
- In the last week of term the Ukhanyo Primary and Masiphumelele High educators and coaches were involved in a gender-based violence preventative workshop, organised by our partners, CoolPlay.
- The high school has developed a group of seven chess trainers, who received their level one chess coaching course certificate.
- The high school’s Judith Neilson Astro field, cricket nets and netball courts will be ready for the fourth term! Wonderful news and the high school coaches, staff and leaners are raring to go.
Thank you everyone for your support – it has been the most exciting of terms.